Its very difficult to wear makeup during the rainy season. We can all do with some monsoon beauty tips. These beauty tips have been collected from all around the Internet.
Let’s Start Our Beauty Tips With Monsoon Makeup
- Avoid glossy makeup, instead go for matt makeup during the rainy months. One should avoid gloss, sheen, or shimmer. Gloss will come on its own once the makeup settles down. Prepare a good base for your makeup using a matt primer. This will prevent the makeup from spoiling from humidity and heat.
- During the rainy months oil secretion from the face increases a lot. When this oil comes in contact with the air it oxidises spoiling the makeup. To prevent this use mattifying powder. This keeps makeup looking fresh longer.
- If your skin pores produce excessive sebum during rainy season carry a blotting paper that soaks oil without spoiling makeup.
- Avoid any makeup product that is cream base. Cream based foundation, blush, eye-shadow etc cause more sweating.
- Go easy on shimmer and glitter. They will add unnecessary shine. This doesn’t look too good.
- Use waterproof makeup. Good makeup brands like Colorbar, MAC, Inglot, Estee Lauder, etc. have water-proof product range.
Makeup is not complete without hair which looks great. Rainy season is also bad for your hair. Following hair care tips will keep your hair in good shape during monsoons.
- Start by selecting the right comb for untangling your hair.
- Untangle near the tip of the hair and then more towards the roots. This will result into less damage.
- During monsoon season use warm water to shampoo your hair. Make sure your hair is thoroughly wet before applying shampoo.
- Condition your hair regularly and pamper it by eating a balanced diet and drinking lots of water.
Hair Care Tips for Problematic Hair
For some of us hair becomes frizzy during monsoon. Frizzy hair is caused due to raised cuticle. To solve frizziness use cream based shampoos and conditioners. If your hair gets too frizzy use a lightweight leave in conditioner to lock moisture. Hair masks can help your hair get the extra moisture for 1-2 months. This video shows how to make and apply hair mask at home.
A good solution for dull hair is to oil it once every 15 days. You can also pamper your hair with a hair spa once a month. Protein hair spa helps dull hair.
Hair fall is a common monsoon related hair problem. One can use anti hair fall shampoo and conditioners. Hair masks and hair spas will also help in reducing monsoon related hair fall.
Humidity can lead to itchy and flaking scalp leading to dandruff. Dandruff problem is not easily solved. Use anti dandruff shampoo. This youtube video demonstrates home remedies for dandruff. Home remedies are very effective is solving dandruff problem. Even if you are using anti dandruff shampoo you should use home remedies.
This is more of an aesthetic problem. You can use volumizing shampoos and conditioners. You can use hair sprays also.
Oily Hair and Scalp
To solve the problem of oily hair and scalp wash your hair regularly. Shampoo your hair one to two times a week. Use a light weight shampoo.