Hi ladies. Grey hair is becoming quite common these days. Pollution, poor diet, pollution, stress of modern life, and urban lifestyle are reason for premature grey hair. Some time back we chatted up with Dr Poonam Bali who is a Homeopath and Skin & Hair expert on this problem. You can watch the video below or read on to learn natural and home remedies for curing grey hair.
Graying hair is a concern for people of all age groups. Every one wants to have a crown of healthy hair which is lustrous and shiny in its natural color.
What Causes Grey Hair
Hair can turn grey prematurely due to a number of reasons including:
- If hair turns grey at a younger age then it can be due to hereditary reasons. This is the most difficult case to deal with.
- Stress can lead to hair going grey prematurely. Stress can block scalp pores. As a result hair is under nourished and it turns grey.
- Also if stress is leading to frequent migraine and headache the hair over the affected area turns grey at a faster rate.
- Lack of care is another culprit.
Grey Hair Cure
There is no common treatment for grey hair. What treatment suits a person will depend on the cause of hair graying. But following are the most common natural cures for treating grey hair.
- There are some homeopathic medicine which help cure grey hair. Homeopathic tinctures are also available which can be applied.
- Tinctures are usually applied along with procedures like ozone therapy and micro needle therapy which helps the plant tincture to penetrate deeper into the scalp. Such therapies are available at modern hair spas.
- Home remedies are also effective in bringing back the lost color. Ayurvedic herbs like Brahmi and Ratanjyot contain natural colors which can reduce grey hair. Brahmi and Ratanjyot oil is commonly available.
- You can also prepare your own oil at home by using almond oil, caster oil, and olive oil. Mix these oils in equal proportions and let them simmer over low heat. Take Brahmi, Amla, and Ratanjyot (together about 200gm) and mix it in the oil. Simmer the mixture for about 2 hours and then stain the oil. Use 2-3 times a week. Leave it on overnight and wash in the morning.
- Remember to eliminate the root cause of the problem. If one is under a lot of stress then try to reduce it through exercise and meditation. Relaxing messages and oil messages are also amazing stress busters.
You can send in your queries to Dr Poonam Bali by commenting below. Take care.