Hi Everyone. This is my first post. I will be reviewing VLCC Oil Free Sun Screen Gel SPF 15 PA+. This is part of VLCC Sun Defence Range. I have been using this sunscreen for about 15 days and I am very satisfied with the results. I am a second year law student. And as you can imagine we students stay out in the sun a lot. This is the first time I tried a VLCC product and I was a bit apprehensive to begin with. Last summers I had used a Lakme sun screen.
This is a gel based sunscreen the key ingredients are:
- Aloe Vera
- Watermelon and Cucumber Extracts
Being a gel based sunscreen it is very light on the skin and spreads evenly & quickly without much effort. The absorption takes some time 10-15 minutes in my experience. After the sunscreen is absorbed there is no sticky or oily feeling. The gel has nice refreshing smell which is perfect for summer season. The smell made me feel light and energetic.
Is it Effective?
Being a student I have to step out in the sun quite often – going to college, between classes and coming back home. The sunscreen has been very effective. Initially I was a bit skeptical since SPF is 15. But I compensate for this by applying twice the usual quantity. So effectively this makes it a SPF 30
Since it is gel based applying more does not leave a heavy or greasy feeling. This is a big plus point in summers. Even in larger quantity the gel is absorbed quickly. In my experience when I applied more the sunscreen was completely absorbed in about 20 minutes.
So yes VLCC Oil Free Sun Screen Gel SPF 15 PA+ is very effective.
The pros of this sunscreen are:
- Oil free therefore ideal for summers. You skin will not feel greasy and heavy after application.
- It is very light on the skin and is absorbed quickly even in larger quantities.
- Worked well under Delhi sun.
- Smells awesome and fresh. The smell lingers for about 3 hours. The intensity of smell is just right. Some sunscreens have overdose of smell in them which is so not cool these days.
Not much except 2 points which I think will stop this sunscreen from capturing 100% market
- Palm feels sticky for about 20-30 minutes after applying.
- SPF and PA are low. But this can be compensated by applying more.
- Tastes horrible (I accidentally tasted some)
Rs 235 for 100gm tube. My tube will last me about 30 days of sun. And I am a student. For working ladies and home-makers stepping out for work, fun or shopping it should last more. So IMHO very cost effective.
Is VLCC Oil Free Sun Screen Gel SPF 15 PA+ Worth Buying?
Yes absolutely. I like it more compared to oil based sunscreens. In fact this is the first time I used a gel. So far I have been using cream and lotion. Lotions are fine but after trying a sunscreen gel I will never be a big fan of sunscreen creams.
Final Score: 8/10
Hope you liked my first review. See ya soon.